The DURAMELTZ refractory system for cupolas can be used in the melt zone, taphole, well and separator.
The DURAMELTZ refractory system conducts heat to reduced the surface temperature of the refractory; thereby reducing the wear rate.
Primary benefits include :
- Extending campaigns, by reducing the wear rate in the taphole and well
- Reducing coke usage by stabilizing the refractory in the melt zone.
- Maintenance materials are also reduced by 15 to 25%.
Examples of savings:
- 45 ton/hr cupola DuraMeltz in the melt zone 2013 reduced coke usage by 20%.
- 35 ton/hr cupola DuraMeltz in the taphole and well 2014 extended campaign from 6 to 8 weeks, an increase of 33%.
- 35 ton/hr cupola DuraMeltz in the taphole and well 2014 decreased refractory maintenance costs by 25 to 35%.